Sunday, August 28, 2011

Peanut Butter Frosting


As soon as I decided to make the vanilla cupcakes mentioned here, I knew I wanted to make a chocolate version, but not with chocolate frosting. I'm a big fan of chocolate and peanut butter, so decided to create a small-batch peanut butter frosting.

2 tsp peanut butter
1/2 Tbsp shortening
1/4 C powdered sugar
1/2 Tbsp milk

In a small bowl, cream the peanut butter, shortening and powdered sugar until well combined. Gradually beat in enough milk to achieve spreading consistency.

Robyn's notes: the peanut butter flavour in this frosting is light, not overwhelming. I had exactly enough frosting for two of my chocolate cupcakes.

*** 3 Stars: Good. At least one of us liked this enough for me to make it again, but not often

2 comments:

jobeth_likes_rocks said...

This is great! I doubled the peanut butter and added a splash of vanilla for a richer frosting, and it was just enough to thinly coat an 8x8 pan of my favorite brownies. Thanks!

Robyn said...

Oh good! Always glad when someone can build off a recipe to make something just right for them! Thanks for letting me know :)